CEREC Single Visit Crowns
Gone are the days when dental crowns took several weeks to complete. At Ashbrook Center for Dentistry, Leesburg and Ashburn area patients can get crowns in a day. Dr. David Le and Dr. Lonny Grimmer present patients the convenience of quick crowns through the use of advanced CEREC technology. CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) crowns use computer-assisted technology and design combined with cutting-edge dental software to create a long lasting and customized crown.
Why Might I Need a Crown?
Crowns are protective tooth-like caps that go over a broken or weakened tooth. Crowns are often needed to:
• Strengthen a tooth after a root canal
• Save a tooth once a large cavity has been removed
• Improve the cosmetic appearance of a broken or chipped tooth.
Now, Ashbrook Center for Dentistry patients can have their teeth restored with a crown and return to work or school right away with their full restoration intact.
How Does CEREC Work?
First the dentist will treat any decay. Then he will spray a thin layer of an anti-reflective medium over your tooth. This material is highlighted on a three-dimensional camera. The images are then uploaded into the CEREC machine's software. The software will then generate an image and dimensions for a custom crown for the dentist to approve. When the design is ready, Dr. Le or Dr. Gimmer will initiate a signal to a milling machine feature inside the CEREC machine.
CEREC crowns are made of special dental porcelain that resembles natural teeth. Once the tooth is fabricated, the dentist will cement the new crown to your tooth. The crown is designed to be long-lasting, durable and cosmetically appealing.
How Long Does CEREC Take to Create a New Crown?
While the milling times can vary based on how complex the crown is, the general time is anywhere from four to 20 minutes.
What Are the Advantages of CEREC Crowns?
Ashbrook Center for Dentistry's Leesburg and Ashburn area dental patients are seeing -- and feeling -- many advantages of CEREC crowns such as:
• Convenience -- the procedure is completed in a single visit, and a temporary crown is not required
• Cosmetic appeal -- the crown is all-porcelain, which gives it a natural, tooth-like appearance. No metal line shines through the restoration as no metal is used.
• No post-procedure restrictions -- you can return to work or school without any dietary restrictions
• Reasonably priced -- CEREC crowns are a lower-cost alternative to dental veneers
For more information on how CEREC single-visit crowns can benefit you, contact Ashburn dentists, Dr. Le or Dr. Grimmer today.